Sunday, April 09, 2006

Chapter 35 - Four walls, 16 Tubes of Paint and a roll of canvas...

We have converted our house into an enormous studio. I found some two by fours of various length and cut them and pounded them into the wall studs in big rectangular shapes. Then we took the roll of raw canvas we had ordered from Dick Blick and stapled it to these temporary stretchers. We have two enormous oil paintings done so far. Now, when they dry, we can simply pull them off the stetchers, roll them up and send them for a fraction of the price it would cost to send stretched canvases. We feel this will go over big since everybody wants big but who wants to pay three or four hundred dollars to have a giant painting sent. This way, for about a hundred bucks they can take them to a local framers and have them re-stretched.

Yesterday was productive. I not only built myself a very comfortable chair out of an abandoned bucket car seat (wiring it to a milk crate base) I got one big oil done and a necklace. We cooked a gumbo. Listened to the yelling from the bar next door and off key karaoke madness. Strange how this doesn't bother us. I guess after you've been living in a van for so long noises like that become oddly comforting...

The only downside to all this is the chair. Even though I cleaned it up good there still seem to be a few tiny ants in there and they periodically will climb up my arm, even into my hair. Annoying for me but now J won't sit in it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Barcode scanners maryland decks patios driveways hampton kentucky 2000 exam free mcse goldwing jackets brave jackets Conflicts with dress code

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Free dsl internet and satellite tv latin american news articles

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's brilliant--rolled up canvas to be stretched by buyer.

You are two of the most creative people I know!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home